Men’s competition start
On October 6th, the men will start their competition in the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle. The first six teams hoping to reach the final after a succesful qualification round are France, Hungary, Norway, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei and Italy.
Italy put its specialist on rings, Marco Lodadio, on the team, who hopes for another podium finish at the World Championships after his bronze medal from the last World Championships in 2018 and a European silver medal earlier this year.
The qualifying rounds are not only about entering the finals but also about the qualification for the Olympic Games. Only the best twelve teams of the 2019 World Gymnastics Championships will make it to Tokyo 2020.
Placings of the qualifying competitions:
- Top 12 teams qualify for the Olympic Games
- Top 8 teams qualify for the Team Final
- Top 24 gymnasts on all apparatus qualify for the all-around finals
- Top 8 gymnasts per apparatus qualify for the apparatus finals on floor, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars and horizontal bar.
First apparatus of Subdivision 1 & 2
Subdivision 1, from 10 A.M.
- Italy: Floor
- Chinese Taipei: Pommel Horse
- Kazachstan: Rings
- Mixed 21: Vault
- Mixed 19: Parallel bars
- Mixed 2: High bar
Subdivision 2, from 1 P.M.
- Norway: Floor
- Mixed 9: Pommel Horse
- Mixed 7: Rings
- Hungary: Vault
- Mixed 12: Parallel Bars
- France: High Bar
Further events on this day